To meet the needs of our future on Earth, the way we build the structures where we live, work, and play must change. We must build sustainably – buildings produce 39% of CO2 emissions. We must build durably – natural disasters have doubled since the 90s. We must build quickly – urbanization requires us to build the equivalent of Paris every week.
Nexii has developed an innovative whole building solution that enables the rapid assembly of high‑quality buildings. The whole building solution is made possible by the proprietary and patented material, Nexiite, and the Nexii design and assembly process, which together enable the assembly of sustainable, cost‑efficient, and durable buildings.
Our mission is to build a vibrant future for people and the planet. We have big dreams, so we place an emphasis on selecting, empowering, and collaborating with like-minded individuals who want to help bring our dreams into reality. Are you ready to join Team Nexii?
Who you are
We’re looking for mavericks—individuals who lean in with curiosity, creativity, courage, and determination. People we can trust with our mission. With that in mind, here are a few qualities that set amazing candidates apart from the rest:
About the role
- You thrive in ambiguous situations and are capable of creating order and structure where none exist
- You’re self-directed and can execute responsibly without being told what to do
- You’re a visionary, and have an eye for the details, too. In other words, you’ve got your head in the clouds and feet in the mud
- You’re an impeccable communicator, able to create transparency so everyone knows how you’re working toward our big picture goals with the support of your teammates.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you’ll have the opportunity to empower our teams through financial stewardship in pursuit of our mission. We’ll lean on you to lead our Finance department in managing and directing all accounting, finance, treasury, and administrative functions. Day to day, you’ll collaborate with department heads, partners, advisors, and board of directors ensuring all are supported in reaching our collective goals. You’ll provide detailed financial statements and projections, budgetary guidance, and strategic recommendations in order to pursue and achieve milestones of growth.
What you’ll need:
Bonus points for:
- A demonstrated ability to lead teams through the phases of a growing start-up
- A proven track record maintaining International Financial Reporting Standards
- A background in supporting various forms of fundraising
- Experience managing corporate Treasury
- Experience in planning and directing financial budget and forecast processes for short- and long-term decision-making
- A passion for collaborating with department heads to develop budgets and implement them
- A demonstrated ability to develop and negotiate contracts advising the Senior Leadership Team on contract terms, implementation and compliance.
- A background in collaborating with external auditors, bankers, investment advisors and credit suppliers.
- Experience in growing financial capacities and maximizing resources as a company scales.
- A demonstrated ability to develop and maintain rigorous processes and management systems to meet financial and company goals in the short and long-term.
- A proven track record in conducting ongoing budgetary management and analyses
- An extensive background in leading finance, accounting, and administrative teams responsible for payroll, benefits, tax, purchasing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, internal and external reporting, risk management, audit, and compliance.
- A proven track record of ensuring adequate cash flow to meet a company’s day-to-day needs.
- A background at public companies.
- Experience in scaling rapid growth start-ups.
- A passion for driving change and empowering teams with financial resources
- A background in the in the manufacturing industry
- Experience in the construction, building materials, and building technology industry
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for a role. Thanks in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.