To meet the needs of our future on Earth, the way we build the structures where we live, work, and play must change. We must build sustainably – buildings produce 39% of CO2 emissions. We must build durably – natural disasters have doubled since the 90s. We must build quickly – urbanization requires us to build the equivalent of Paris every week.
Nexii has developed an innovative whole building solution that enables the rapid assembly of high‑quality buildings. The whole building solution is made possible by the proprietary and patented material, Nexiite, and the Nexii design and assembly process, which together enable the assembly of sustainable, cost‑efficient, and durable buildings.
Our mission is to build a vibrant future for people and the planet. We have big dreams, so we place an emphasis on selecting, empowering, and collaborating with like-minded individuals who want to help bring our dreams into reality. Are you ready to join Team Nexii?
Who you are
We’re looking for mavericks—individuals who lean in with curiosity, creativity, courage, and determination. People we can trust with our mission. With that in mind, here are a few qualities that set amazing candidates apart from the rest:
About the role
- You thrive in ambiguous situations and are capable of creating order and structure where none exist
- You’re self-directed and can execute responsibly without being told what to do
- You’re a visionary, and have an eye for the details, too. In other words, you’ve got your head in the clouds and feet in the mud
- You’re an impeccable communicator, able to create transparency so everyone knows how you’re working toward our big picture goals with the support of your teammates.
Reporting to our Plant Director, you’ll have the opportunity to provide leadership in the build out and process development of our new Squamish manufacturing facility. We’ll lean on you to make sure the plant is efficiently loaded with work and production is scheduled in detail to flow smoothly. Day to day, you’ll collaborate with our manufacturing team in the plant and Vancouver, and our architecture, engineering and design team. You’ll provide creativity in efficiencies development, detailed schedules, and support to the production team in order to ensure high quality Nexii products are delivered safely and on time.
What you’ll need:
Bonus points for:
- A background in analyzing and planning work force utilization, space requirements and workflow, and designing layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- A demonstrated ability to guide and confer with planning and design staff concerning product design and digital manufacturing information to ensure efficient production methods.
- A proven track record in estimating production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Extensive knowledge in operations and supply chain business processes, manufacturing processes and contemporary concepts of continuous improvement and Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience in building, leading and coaching a production planning team to help achieve on time delivery of quality products.
- Characteristics of adaptability, an eye for detail, and positive mindset.
- Experience in industrial manufacturing
- Experience as a tradesperson
- Existing connection to the Squamish Community
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for a role. Thanks in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.