To meet the needs of our future on Earth, the way we build the structures where we live, work, and play must change. We must build sustainably – buildings produce 39% of CO2 emissions. We must build durably – natural disasters have doubled since the 90s. We must build quickly – urbanization requires us to build the equivalent of Paris every week.
Nexii has developed an innovative whole building solution that enables the rapid assembly of high‑quality buildings. The whole building solution is made possible by the proprietary and patented material, Nexiite, and the Nexii design and assembly process, which together enable the assembly of sustainable, cost‑efficient, and durable buildings.
Our mission is to build a vibrant future for people and the planet. We have big dreams, so we place an emphasis on selecting, empowering, and collaborating with like-minded individuals who want to help bring our dreams into reality. Are you ready to join Team Nexii?
Who you are
We’re looking for mavericks—individuals who lean in with curiosity, creativity, courage, and determination. People we can trust with our mission. With that in mind, here are a few qualities that set amazing candidates apart from the rest:
About the role:
- You thrive in ambiguous situations and are capable of creating order and structure where none exist
- You’re self-directed and can execute responsibly without being told what to do
- You’re a visionary, and have an eye for the details, too. In other words, you’ve got your head in the clouds and feet in the mud
- You’re an impeccable communicator, able to create transparency so everyone knows how you’re working toward our big picture goals with the support of your teammates.
Reporting to our Director of Accounting, you’ll have the opportunity to lead the daily operations of Nexii’s accounting team, ensuring the practices that are implemented foster an environment that is capable of rapid growth. You will prepare and complete month end financial statements in accordance with IFRS. Having a technical background you will prepare accounting memorandums for complex and/ or extraordinary accounting situations. We’ll lean on you to develop and manage effective systems for purchasing/ payables, revenue/ receivables, payroll, cash disbursements and the month-end close process. Day to day, you’ll collaborate with the Finance team, Investor Relations team, and others. You’ll provide improvements to accounting processes, direction for the accounting team, and accurate and timely expenditure and cost analysis updates, in order to maintain up-to-date accounting systems in support of Nexii’s growth.
What you’ll need:
Bonus points for:
- A proven track record in supporting the production of financial statements compliant with International Financial Reporting Standards
- Experience working with external auditors
- A collaborative approach to leading an accounting team in finding creative solutions to daily issues
- A demonstrated ability in leading teams to manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, cash disbursements and the month-end close process
- A background in providing detailed weekly expenditure and cost analyses
- A proven track record in completing financial close processes
- Experience improving systems for efficient accounting practices with tight deadlines
- A people and solution focused mindset to support department heads in their efforts
- Strong Technical Accounting knowledge
- An ability to analyze complex transactions, document in accounting memos, and recommend accounting treatment
- Experience in a publicly traded company
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for a role. Thanks in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.