To meet the needs of our future on Earth, the way we build the structures where we live, work, and play must change. We must build sustainably – buildings produce 39% of CO2 emissions. We must build durably – natural disasters have doubled since the 90s. We must build quickly – urbanization requires us to build the equivalent of Paris every week.
Nexii has developed an innovative whole building solution that enables the rapid assembly of high‑quality buildings. The whole building solution is made possible by the proprietary and patented material, Nexiite, and the Nexii design and assembly process, which together enable the assembly of sustainable, cost‑efficient, and durable buildings.
Our mission is to build a vibrant future for people and the planet. We have big dreams, so we place an emphasis on selecting, empowering, and collaborating with like-minded individuals who want to help bring our dreams into reality. Are you ready to join Team Nexii?
Who you are
We’re looking for mavericks—individuals who lean in with curiosity, creativity, courage, and determination. People we can trust with our mission. With that in mind, here are a few qualities that set amazing candidates apart from the rest:
About the role
- You thrive in ambiguous situations and are capable of creating order and structure where none exist
- You’re self-directed and can execute responsibly without being told what to do
- You’re a visionary, and have an eye for the details, too. In other words, you’ve got your head in the clouds and feet in the mud
- You’re an impeccable communicator, able to create transparency so everyone knows how you’re working toward our big picture goals with the support of your teammates.
Reporting to our Squamish Plant Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to develop and lead the production team in effective execution to exceed our manufacturing goals. We’ll lean on you to create the daily plant schedule, drive continual improvement, and ensure disciplined action for quality manufacturing processes. Day to day, you’ll collaborate with engineering and design, and the entire team in Squamish including R&D, quality assurance, administration, and production. You’ll provide guidance for the production team and strategies to improve the production process in order to complete panels ready for shipment.
What you’ll need:
Bonus points for:
- A proven track record leading manufacturing teams
- A demonstrated ability to follow and adjust manufacturing processes to ensure production is completed on time
- Experience mentoring, coaching, and motivating people towards a common goal
- A background maintaining procedures, standards, policies and safety regulations
- Extensive experience hiring, retaining, training, developing and exiting employees
- A proven track record supporting the needs of various departments
- A demonstrated ability to create and develop systems and processes for effective manufacturing
- Experience identifing areas and processes requiring detailed process review and/or opportunities for reduction in nonvalue-added activity and implementing solutions
- A thorough and rigorous mindset for effective cross-functional communication
- Experience managing inventory and maintaining infrastructure
- A proven track record in maintaining a clean, organized and safe environment
- A people-first, collaborative, and supportive attitude
- Experience manufacturing prefabricated building solutions
- Experience with lean manufacturing methodologies
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for a role. Thanks in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.