To meet the needs of our future on Earth, the way we build the structures where we live, work, and play must change. We must build sustainably – buildings produce 39% of CO2 emissions. We must build durably – natural disasters have doubled since the 90s. We must build quickly – urbanization requires us to build the equivalent of Paris every week.
Nexii has developed an innovative whole building solution that enables the rapid assembly of high-quality buildings. The whole building solution is made possible by the proprietary and patented material, Nexiite, and the Nexii design and assembly process, which together enable the assembly of sustainable, cost-efficient, and durable buildings.
Our mission is to build a vibrant future for people and the planet. We have big dreams, so we place an emphasis on selecting, empowering, and collaborating with like-minded individuals who want to help bring our dreams into reality. Are you ready to join Team Nexii?
Who you are
We’re looking for mavericks—individuals who lean in with curiosity, creativity, courage, and determination. People we can trust with our mission. With that in mind, here are a few qualities that set amazing candidates apart from the rest:
About the role
- You thrive in ambiguous situations and are capable of creating order and structure where none exist
- You’re self-directed and can execute responsibly without being told what to do
- You’re a visionary, and have an eye for the details, too. In other words, you’ve got your head in the clouds and feet in the mud
- You’re an impeccable communicator, able to create transparency so everyone knows how you’re working toward our big picture goals with the support of your teammates.
Reporting to our VP, People, Culture and Community, you’ll have the opportunity to engineer an industry-leading safe and healthy work environment at world-class, ISO9001:2015 certified manufacturing plants. You will be responsible for driving and developing strategies and implementing programs in compliance with all OH&S and environmental federal, provincial and local regulations. We’ll lean on you to develop and implement best safety practices which works towards a zero-injury work environment in our Vancouver, BC office and our Moose Jaw plant, but also at a much larger scale for our licensee manufacturing plants across Canada. You will drive health & safety initiatives forward with all levels of stakeholders and will be responsible for the education and engagement of licensees and plant associates. Day to day, you’ll collaborate with our Manufacturing and Engineering teams, licensees, and plant associates. You’ll be the company leader for the development of health & safety initiatives used to establish exceptional working conditions while meeting ambitious and exciting production demands.
What you’ll need:
Bonus points for:
- Experience as a health & safety leader in a manufacturing plant environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop large-scale health & safety programs for manufacturing plants
- Experience in utilizing the principles of continuous improvement to establish and maintain a strong health & safety culture
- A proven track record as an advocate for health & safety through positive stakeholder and employee relations
- Working knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation (e.g. WorkSafe BC, Canada Labour Code, etc.)
- Certification as a Registered Occupational Hygienist or actively working towards certification
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate health & safety initiatives and content to all stakeholders, levels and departments
- Experience managing a team of remote health & safety professionals or plant leaders
- Experience working within a franchisor or licensee model
- ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor Certification
- OFA Level 3 certification
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for a role. Thanks in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.