To meet the needs of our future on Earth, the way we build the structures where we live, work, and play must change. We must build sustainably – buildings produce 39% of CO2 emissions. We must build durably – natural disasters have doubled since the 90s. We must build quickly – urbanization requires us to build the equivalent of Paris every week.
Nexii has developed an innovative whole building solution that enables the rapid assembly of high‑quality buildings. The whole building solution is made possible by the proprietary and patented material, Nexiite, and the Nexii design and assembly process, which together enable the assembly of sustainable, cost‑efficient, and durable buildings.
Our mission is to build a vibrant future for people and the planet. We have big dreams, so we place an emphasis on selecting, empowering, and collaborating with like-minded individuals who want to help bring our dreams into reality. Are you ready to join Team Nexii?
Who you are
We’re looking for mavericks—individuals who lean in with curiosity, creativity, courage, and determination. People we can trust with our mission. With that in mind, here are a few qualities that set amazing candidates apart from the rest:
About the role
- You thrive in ambiguous situations and are capable of creating order and structure where none exist
- You’re self-directed and can execute responsibly without being told what to do
- You’re a visionary, and have an eye for the details, too. In other words, you’ve got your head in the clouds and feet in the mud
- You’re an impeccable communicator, able to create transparency so everyone knows how you’re working toward our big picture goals with the support of your teammates.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you’ll have the opportunity to empower our teams through operational excellence in pursuit of our mission. We’ll lean on you to lead our Operations department in managing and directing all overarching goals within Client Experience, Architecture, Engineering, Manufacturing, R&D, and Strategy & Partnerships departments. Day to day, you’ll collaborate with department heads, the board of directors, and the CEO through key reports, ensuring all are supported in reaching our collective goals. You’ll provide detailed operational statements and projections, guidance, and strategic recommendations in order to pursue and achieve milestones of growth.
What you’ll need:
Bonus points for:
- A demonstrated ability to lead teams through the phases of a growing start-up
- A proven track record managing the operations of an international manufacturing company
- A background in implementing business strategies within a hyper-growth start-up environment
- Experience overseeing the operational excellence of numerous departments
- Experience in planning and directing operational processes for short- and long-term decision-making
- A passion for collaborating with department heads to develop strategic plans and implement them
- A demonstrated ability to develop and negotiate contracts advising the Senior Leadership Team on contract terms, implementation and compliance.
- A background in collaborating with dynamic leadership teams and optimizing business strategy within those teams
- Experience in growing operational capacities and maximizing resources as a company scales.
- A demonstrated ability to develop and maintain rigorous processes and management systems to meet operational and company goals in the short and long-term.
- An extensive background in leading sales, manufacturing, A&E, Strategy & Partnerships, R&D and other teams responsible for wide-ranging operations across the company.
- A proven track record of ensuring adequate business strategy to meet a company’s day-to-day needs.
- A background at public companies.
- Experience in scaling rapid growth start-ups.
- A passion for driving change and empowering teams with excellent
- A background in the in the manufacturing industry
- Experience in the construction, building materials, and building technology industry
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for a role. Thanks in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.