To meet the needs of our future on Earth, the way we build the structures where we live, work, and play must change. We must build sustainably – buildings produce 39% of CO2 emissions. We must build durably – natural disasters have doubled since the 90s. We must build quickly – urbanization requires us to build the equivalent of Paris every week.
Nexii has developed an innovative whole building solution that enables the rapid assembly of high-quality buildings. The whole building solution is made possible by the proprietary and patented material, Nexiite, and the Nexii design and assembly process, which together enable the assembly of sustainable, cost-efficient, and durable buildings.
Our mission is to build a vibrant future for people and the planet. We have big dreams, so we place an emphasis on selecting, empowering, and collaborating with like-minded individuals who want to help bring our dreams into reality. Are you ready to join Team Nexii?
Who you are
We’re looking for mavericks—individuals who lean in with curiosity, creativity, courage, and determination. People we can trust with our mission. With that in mind, here are a few qualities that set amazing candidates apart from the rest:
About the role
- You thrive in ambiguous situations and are capable of creating order and structure where none exist
- You’re self-directed and can execute responsibly without being told what to do
- You’re a visionary, and have an eye for the details, too. In other words, you’ve got your head in the clouds and feet in the mud
- You’re an impeccable communicator, able to create transparency so everyone knows how you’re working toward our big picture goals with the support of your teammates.
Reporting to our COO, you’ll have the opportunity to oversee all revenue generating relationships nationally across North America. We’ll lean on you to identify high-margin commercial projects, present the Nexii solution, and work with our Client Experience team to negotiate contracts, strengthen relationships, and build a network of Nexii clients. Day to day, you’ll collaborate with our Marketing, Architecture, Engineering, Supply Chain, and Finance teams. You’ll communicate Nexii’s message of sustainability and innovation with prospective and existing clients, organize and host community events, create project proposals, and report on department performance in order to develop a positive reputation for Nexii in the Construction Technology space, and close revenue-producing projects.
What you’ll need:
Bonus points for:
- A thorough understanding of, and ability to communicate, the necessity for sustainable building and retrofit envelope cladding
- Experience leading a national sales team
- Commercial construction, planning, business development experience
- A network of connections and understanding developed through creating sales pipelines, or supply chains, in the construction or building materials industry
- Experience doing business development in a high-growth environment
- A demonstrated ability to foster client relationships and close sales
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to stay on top of a heavy workload with many priorities
- Ability to function in a dynamic environment; self-sufficient and capable in building the business pipeline at a very high pace
- Strong problem solving abilities and adaptability
- Experience as a sales manager is a high-growth construction or building material supply company
- Demonstrated ability to create a project pipeline valuing up to $100m in sales
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for a role. Thanks in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.