To meet the needs of our future on Earth, the way we build the structures where we live, work, and play must change. We must build sustainably – buildings produce 39% of CO2 emissions. We must build durably – natural disasters have doubled since the 90s. We must build quickly – urbanization requires us to build the equivalent of Paris every week.
Nexii has developed an innovative whole building solution that enables the rapid assembly of high-quality buildings. The whole building solution is made possible by the proprietary and patented material, Nexiite, and the Nexii design and assembly process, which together enable the assembly of sustainable, cost-efficient, and durable buildings.
Our mission is to build a vibrant future for people and the planet. We have big dreams, so we place an emphasis on selecting, empowering, and collaborating with like-minded individuals who want to help bring our dreams into reality. Are you ready to join Team Nexii?
Who you are
We’re looking for mavericks—individuals who lean in with curiosity, creativity, courage, and determination. People we can trust with our mission. With that in mind, here are a few qualities that set amazing candidates apart from the rest:
About the role
- You thrive in ambiguous situations and are capable of creating order and structure where none exist
- You’re self-directed and can execute responsibly without being told what to do
- You’re a visionary, and have an eye for the details, too. In other words, you’ve got your head in the clouds and feet in the mud
- You’re an impeccable communicator, able to create transparency so everyone knows how you’re working toward our big picture goals with the support of your teammates.
Reporting to our Plant Director, you’ll have the opportunity to lead the Nexiite mixing process, manage batch inventory levels, and to ensure we are necessarily prepared to cast panels for upcoming projects. We’ll lean on you to oversee the pre-pouring phase of casting, ensuring the Nexiite materials are measured and mixed to specifications, all equipment is working properly, and that the team is properly prepared for casting. Day to day, you’ll collaborate with our Plant Director, plant production team, and our Manufacturing team to ensure the batch process is followed, and that it is continuously improved upon as our Squamish plant grows.
What you’ll need:
Bonus points for:
- Experience as a Batch Plant Operator/Lead Hand in a manufacturing environment or a concrete production plant
- Experience mixing concrete and green pre-cast concrete alternatives
- High-levels of personal accountability, ability to check your own work and remedy mistakes by proactively working through them
- Ability to develop, implement, and review manufacturing formwork in a large-scale plant
- Ability to identify problems, visualize ideal solutions, and implement those solutions in the most meaningful way
- Desire to seek out more optimal methods of manufacturing, and the will to continuously evolve and shift from outdated ways to new, better ways
- Ability to work day-to-day in a physically demanding environment and lift 50lbs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience mixing concrete in a precast concrete plant
- Experience in sustainable manufacturing, material production
- Excellent hands-on building skills
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for a role. Thanks in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.